Perth Mint’s Australian Lunar Series II collection epitomizes the rich tradition of minting spectacular bullion coins by portraying animal themes from the Chinese Lunar calendar. The reverse design changes each year based on the Chinese lunar calendar, and the 2018 reverse celebrates the Year of the Dog. The birth dates for people born in the Lunar Year of the Dog include 1922, 1934, 1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006 and 2018. Those born in these years are said to be loyal, amiable, kind and friendly.
Known for their quality and collectibility, the Perth Mint Lunar series is a cornerstone of many Precious Metals portfolios. The original Lunar bullion series, these coins (beginning with the Series I launch in 1996) have become some of the most widely collected around the globe, as demand originated in Asia but spread to Europe and America as investors became exposed to the design and quality. In addition to the annual design change, many investors love that the coins’ select mintage limits create the potential for even greater investment return in the form of a numismatic premium appreciation. The 2018 ¼ oz Perth Mint Gold Dog Coin series is so popular, they are now instant sell-outs every year!
• Contains 1/4 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
• Each coin comes in a protective plastic capsule. Multiples of 20 typically come in sealed rolls.
• Obverse: The Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the Gold purity, year of issue, and face value.
• Reverse: Depicts a Labrador Retriever on rocks with a stylized pine tree in the background. This beautiful lunar design also incorporates the Chinese character for “Dog”, the inscription “Year of the Dog”, and The Perth Mint’s traditional “P” mintmark.
• Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Australian Gold — why buy Gold bullion from USBCR?
Gold Australian is one of the world’s favorite bullion investment metals. Gold Australian Coins are a great way to diversify wealth. To buy the 2018 ¼ oz Perth Mint Gold Dog Coin for your investment portfolio, call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 590-7361 or to chat live with our product expert. USBCR is where to buy Gold!